• Build and operate high quality affordable housing with on-site support services
• Partner with our residents to ensure that over 97 percent retain permanent housing
• Invest in employment programs so at least 75 percent of residents seeking jobs find work
• Offer housing and services to nearly all of the people we screen
• Hire so that more than 50 percent of our staff members are formerly homeless people
• Develop new leaders by involving residents and line staff in all aspects of the work we do
• Organize our residents, staff and community to promote policies that will end homelessness
Community Housing Partnership's core values strongly influence the work we do each day.
Opportunity: We create opportunities for people to overcome homelessness and achieve their personal goals by focusing on housing retention, hiring people who were once homeless and providing learning opportunities to residents and staff.
Participation: We work hard to make sure everyone involved with CHP has an opportunity to share their ideas and opinions. All residents, staff and Board members are encouraged to help run CHP, especially line staff and those who have been homeless.
Community: We seek to build sustainable communities at all of our sites, develop leaders and maintain strong and caring relationships throughout our organization.
Self-Determination: We respect the rights of individuals to be who they are, make their own decisions and live their lives without fear of unfair judgment. Our commitment to harm reduction and voluntary services reflects this respect.
Activism: We work with our allies to create new solutions and policies that advance our mission and promote social justice, organizing around a variety of issues in recognition of the need for affordable housing, health care, living wage jobs and safe communities to truly end homelessness.
Spirit: We voice our opinions as we work for change, bringing energy, passion, creativity and commitment to everything that we do.